How to fix QuickBooks error of recording
duplicate check received
It is generally assumed that duplicate entries in QuickBooks always creates confusion in the accounting. However, it is a time-consuming process to fix the errors of recording duplicate check. As, we all know that duplicate entries also bring inaccuracy in the data of the financial reports. Hence, it is important for you to fix QuickBooks error of recording duplicate check received. It generally occurs when you double received and enter the bank statement in your QuickBooks. We can say that the when you adopt careless methods to make the entries recorded in the books as when received from the customer. It results in creating error of recording duplicate checks received. In this article, we have discussed the various steps by which you learn to fix QuickBooks error of recording duplicate check received.
How to identify QuickBooks error of recording duplicate check received
There are not any shortcuts to identify and fix such errors. However, you can identify and resolve such issues with help of filter and sorting to the data. You can use below steps for filter and sorting to identify recording of duplicate check received. As when identified, you can fix it by remove the double entry of check received.
- You need to select the Gear Icon thereafter click on to Chart of Accounts in the Bank Account.
- You should click on to View register which is next to the Bank Account.
- You need to click on to Filter menu so as to open it. You may find the Filter menu in the menu of Bank Register. Here you should apply filter to look for monthly or quarterly transactions.
- Now when you click on payments or deposit section you can categorize the transaction list by their amount. Further it will automatically sort the list by date.
- You can search for duplicate transactions of check received that are recorded in the books so that you can consider them for the purpose of deleting.
Steps to fix the error of recording duplicate check received by deleting.
- You need to click on transactions menu that is available on the left pane as when you open QuickBooks self employed.
- You will get a note in case there is any entry recorded for duplicate check received. You need to click on
- You need to click on Delete Duplicate
- You can also keep the transactions of your choice. For this, you need to keep them mark and click on to Keep Marked Transactions.
Steps to fix the error of recording duplicate check received by excluding Duplicate Downloaded Transaction
You can get the balance matched once you exclude the duplicate downloaded transactions from the QuickBooks. Here are some easy steps to follow.
- You are required to choose Banking menu as seen in the left pane of your screen.
- You can select the transactions by marking them so as to exclude from the Review Tab.
- Navigate on to Batch Actions drop Down and click on to Exclude Selected.
There are two modes by which you can delete the duplicate recorded entries of check received. It depends upon the bank mode that you are using.
Steps to delete the transactions in QuickBooks Register Mode.
When you are using the register mode, you will find that the downloaded transactions in the bottom and the register will appear on the top of the screen. You need to delete the entire statement in case you want to delete the incorrect duplicate transactions.
- You need to select bank Feeds by opening Bank Menu.
- Choose Bank Feed Center.
- You need to look for the statement and select it from the Items received from financial Institutions thereafter click on to
- You can match the transactions by clicking Done to get them matched.
- As soon as you click on to Yes in the screen of Not finished Matching. You shall be taken to the page of Online Banking Center
- Finally you can delete the duplicate recording of check received by hitting on to delete as soon as you search and select the duplicate Transactions from the Items received from financial Institutions.
Steps to delete the transactions in QuickBooks side by side mode.
You may find the transactions on the left side of the screen when you are using QuickBooks side by side mode. Below are some easy steps to fix the issue.
- Select Bank Feeds by opening Banking
- You can select Bank Feeds Center.
- From the Reviewed transactions you can select the account for which the you want to remove the transactions.
- You can select the items to delete.
- You can delete the transactions by click on delete selected and choose Yes to confirm.
In the last we suggest you to be very careful while making entries for any transactions in the QuickBooks. As it is much better to be very careful than to follow the steps later to fix the duplicacy errors. However, you may follow the steps as mentioned in this article to fix any error related to the recording of check received.