How Do I Recover QuickBooks Data from Hard Drive?
QuickBooks premier, a sought-after accounting software, with versatile features, functions, and benefits offered to the small business owner. It has played a vital role for businesses to handle entire bookkeeping, payroll management, and financial tasks with ease. With that, being automated software, some complications arise, at times it is because of the system glitch or human error.
Two most important point to consider before using the software is Data security and data recovery. It is pretty annoying especially when you wish to recover the data lost in the hard drive. Although one thing is sure, data recovery is possible but there are a few steps that you need to follow. Let’s briefly talk about data recovery and the procedure to recover it.
Before you recover the data from the hard drive
What is QB Data Recovery?
You need to use QB data recovery on certain conditions, when you experience accidental deletion, hard drive formatting, loss, partition loss, installation issues, machine failure, etc. QB users are always recommended to approach the support team, this is to make sure the recovery process is handled with care.
Reasons Behind Data Loss
QuickBooks premier data loss problems can be due to various reasons, like unable to track down
the files, information, records, etc. This is because of the mistakes user makes while using the software, this invites challenges.
- If the system connection is poor, unstable, and not working
- The organizer might require permission when the documents in spared
- If the firewall protection is accessing all over the system, causing trouble
- Power sparing mode is mistakenly turned on
- Accidentally deleting any QB file or deleting a file considering it is of no use
- Data theft due to any suspicious activities, malware in the system
- If there is a severe crash in the application or system
How to Recover QuickBooks Data from a Hard Drive
RUN AUTO DATA RECOVERY
In QuickBooks software, you can recover the data by using the auto data recovery tools. There are 2 ways to do so,
You can use the current transaction log file, along with a copy of your company log file, Then, you can reconstruct the lost transaction for the same
Or you can make use of the copy of the company file along with the transaction file. This way, you can refabricate all the transaction that consists of the last few hours.
Using Current Transaction Log File
- Create a folder that is named QB Test
- Locate this folder in the company file where you have saved it and open
- Now, on the QB Test folder saved on your Desktop, paste a ‘.tlg file’ of your company after copying the file
- Look out for the QuickBooks auto data recovery folder and open it
- On the QB Test folder paste .QBW.adr file once copies
- Now in the folder, you will have a QBW.adr as well as a .tlg file
- Open your QB test folder and on the QBW.adr , perform a right-click, rename it
- It is best if you delete the .adr from the end and save it
- Now, navigate to QuickBooks
- Move to the QB test folder, open your company file where you saved it.
- Use account register to verify your transactions are saved
- Make sure the company files run smoothly
- If you notice company file is smoothly functioning, you should move all the damaged company files to a new location
- And then move the copy from QB Test to its original location
Recovering in the Easiest way
- Firstly, you have to open your search dialog box, type *.qbw, hit enter
- Now, you need to find the duplicates shown in the list of your company data files
- Further, you can do this step on any or all file, right-click on the file or folder, choose the properties tab
- Verify that the file has been labeled as a QuickBooks Company file, if not, you can move ahead to the next step
- For that, you can use the data modified feature and see if the file has been updated
- Once you spot the most updated file, you can copy the same in your CD ROM
- As you see the file or the folder copies, get rid of the residual files quickly
- Lastly, paste the copied file, do this by Pressing Ctrl+V
These steps mentioned above will surely help you witness the outcome and recover the lost files in your hard drive. Users can easily find their lost or corrupted files from the hard drive anytime if they follow the steps. Now a single step should miss out as it will ruin your recovery process. QuickBooks premium offers you great information and a guide on how to make the most out of the software.